Effective corporate tax planning is vital in the management of an organisation’s financial affairs. A well-planned tax strategy would not only secure tax benefits and allow for tax effective repatriation of cash, but also contribute towards significant cost savings and ultimately improving an organisation’s bottom line.
With the use of practical examples and case studies, this workshop will provide participants with a sound and practical understanding of the current practices relating to corporate tax planning. Participants will be updated on key corporate tax issues and appreciate the common and effective techniques used to maximise tax savings by capitalising on beneficial tax-law provisions, increasing and accelerating tax deductions and tax credits through tax efficient structuring and planning.
The one-day workshop will provide an overview of the fundamentals of Singapore’s corporate tax regime, tax incentives and schemes, and practical application of the various incentives. You will discover planning techniques on how to defer or minimise taxes in a compliant manner and understand the difference between tax planning and tax evasion. You will learn how to maximise tax savings in a share deal vs asset deal, how to plan your financing structure, whether to claim foreign income tax exemption or foreign tax credits and avoid the common pitfalls in determining your corporate or investment structure.
A Highlight of Key Areas:
- Overview of the Singapore tax regime
- Tax planning vs tax avoidance vs tax evasion
- Practical applications of common tax incentives and schemes in Singapore
- Planning techniques to maximise tax deductions, allowances and reliefs
- Tax planning of financing structure, corporate structure and investment structure
- Tax planning in a share deal vs asset deal
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- Key Considerations during this COVID period
- Case studies
- Questions and Answers Session