Transfer Pricing (TP) is an area of tax that has been heavily impacted by COVID-19. The transfer pricing models and policies agreed pre COVID-19 may need to be revised and changed due to group losses, abnormal operating expenses, supply chain disruption and decrease in demand.
This course aims to discuss the impacts on TP arising from the effects of COVID-19 pandemic and provide insights into practical strategies to manage transfer pricing policies during and post COVID-19.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand how multinational enterprises (MNEs) are impacted by COVID-19 and the key TP issues that need to be addressed.
- Get insights on strategies that MNEs are implementing to manage the impacts on TP.
- Learn how to manage MNEs exposure as a result of COVID-19 through practical examples and real-life case studies.
- What are the impacts on transfer pricing due to COVID-19?
- Current transfer pricing challenges faced by MNEs
- Strategies to manage the effect on controlled transactions
- Ways to modify transfer pricing policies due to COVID-19
(Case studies will be used to illustrate the suggested approaches to common scenarios.)